Professional Services

The doctors can refer patients to professional counsellors. They can help with a variety of problems and their service is free and confidential.

We also work with the local Primary Care Mental Health Team and the GPs can refer patients if appropriate.

Counselling for University Staff and Students

Universities usually provide counselling services for students and staff. These services tend to have a shorter waiting time than elsewhere. Details are available through the Student Health Centre or academic departments.

For students and staff of The University of Manchester, further details about The University of Manchester Counselling Service are provided on their website.

Other Employers

Other employers may make counselling services available to their staff as part of their responsibility for Occupational Health. Please ask your employer or their HR department.