Baby Clinic is for 8 week checks and immunisations (injections) for babies and children aged 0-5. They are every Wednesday morning. This is not a drop-in clinic and you need to make an appointment.
The clinics are run by a practice nurse and a GP. The health visitors are not present.
Baby Clinic is for well babies. If your child is ill please make an appointment as usual.
8 Week Checks
The 8 week check is an essential general check of your baby’s health and it is also when they receive the first set of immunisations. You need to contact us to make an appointment a couple of weeks before your baby will be 8 weeks old.
The 8 week check is really important for your baby, so please make sure you attend for your appointment. If you are unable to attend your appointment please contact us to rearrange.
Immunisations are safe and are essential to protect your child from serious illnesses. When an immunisation is due, please contact us to book an appointment for the Baby Clinic. If you are unable to attend your appointment please contact us to rearrange.
Immunisations are important to keep your baby well, so please make sure you bring your baby when they are due. You can find out more on the NHS Website.
If you are new to the practice bring any details of previous immunisations. This helps us to ensure that your child is up to date with the British schedule.
If the usual Baby Clinic time is mornings are not convenient, then please ask the receptionist about an alternative appointment.
Health Visitor Baby Clinics
The health visitors run clinics for weighing and general advice (but not for immunisations).
- 09:30-11:00 – St James Children’s Centre, St James Site, Stelling Street, Gorton, M18 8LW
- 13:30-14:30 – Farrer Road Children’s Centre, 1A Farrer Road, Longsight, M13 0QX
- 09:30-11:00 – Rusholme Children’s Centre, Great Western Street, Rusholme, M14 4HA
- 13:30-15:00 – Martenscroft Children’s Centre, 33 Epping Street, Hulme, M15 6PA
- 09:30-11:00 – Longsight Health Centre, 525 Stockport Road, M13 0RR
- 09:30-11:30 – Alexandra Park Health Centre, 2 Whitswood Close, M16 7AP