Do you live within our Registering Boundary Area?


How to register


  • Check above to see if your address is in our practice area. If you're not sure, please phone us to check. 
  • Print off and complete a Patient Registration Form for each person. Make sure each form is signed.
  • Bring the completed form(s) to reception (during our opening hours) along with proof of identity for each person and proof of address for all adults (aged 16+). We will also need proof of address for under 16s who are not registering at the same time as an adult.
  • There is a list of acceptable documents below. We need to see original documents and the reception staff will take a copy.
  • If you are on regular medication, please bring the list with you, from the right-hand side of your last prescription.
  • All new patients aged 35 or over need to have a health check. The reception staff will book an appointment for you.

Proof of identity

The following documents are acceptable:

  • Passport (any country)
  • UK driving licence photocard
  • UK birth certificate
  • EU national identity card
  • UK identity card for foreign nationals (ICFN)
  • UK ARC card
  • UK Armed Forces ID card
  • UK adoption certificate
  • University of Manchester student ID card

Proof of address

A wide range of documents are acceptable, including some for people who have no settled address. The most common are shown below.

  • Utility/phone bill *
  • Bank/credit card statement *
  • Benefit statement or payslip showing address *
  • University accommodation office letter **
  • If you do not have one of these, other documents may be acceptable. Please phone us to check.

* Must be less than 3 months old
** Must be less than 12 months old


Named GP for All Patients

All our patients will be allocated a named GP who has overall responsibility for your care. You can book appointments with any doctor, but it's better to see the same person for ongoing problems. If you would like to change your named GP, please let the staff know. 


Temporary patients

If you are a UK resident and you will be living in our practice area for less than 3 months, you can be treated as a 'temporary resident'.

Regular NHS care is available to UK residents only. If you are not usually resident in the UK then we can provide emergency care only.


Non English Speakers

These fact sheets have been written to explain the role of UK health services, the National Health Service (NHS), to newly-arrived individuals seeking asylum. They cover issues such as the role of GPs, their function as gatekeepers to the health services, how to register and how to access emergency services.

Special care has been taken to ensure that information is given in clear language, and the content and style has been tested with user groups.

Open the leaflets in one of the following languages:

england English Urdu Urdu
albania Albanian india Hindi
egypt Arabic lithuania Lithuanian
bulgaria Bulgarian poland Polish
china Chinese (Cantonese) portugal Portuguese
china Chinese (Mandarin) spain Spanish
russia Russian French French
Turkish Turkish Punjabi Punjabi
Gujerati Gujerati Somali Somali
Croatian Croatian Bengali Bengali
Iran Farsi